Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Cube from........


For this project we were asked to build a 6’ x 6’ x 6’ cube out of poster paper. We could use any color scheme for it so I choose analogous color scheme, which is when colors are adjacent to each other on the color wheel. I chose cool colors because they are peaceful and pleasing to the eye.  When it came to using principles and elements of design I thought of line first. I wanted to use line to bring your eye all around the cube and to all the emphasis areas. I made diagonals and triangles out of the lines. I created rhythm by repeating shapes and lines on the cube. I also created variety by every side of the cube being somewhat different than the other side.

I am not going to lie I hated building this cube, poster paper is not the easiest thing to build something out of. My craftsman ship is ruff but I feel like my basic concept is good and I also feel my color scheme is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment