Sunday, April 29, 2012

Butterfly instead of a Beetle



Last year during this time I had Western Literature. I had to read Kafka’s Metamorphosis, which if your ever lucky enough not to have to read it is about A man who has awaken to found he had turned into a beetle and the story follows hoe his life goes straight to crap from losing his job to his family rejecting him. He then dies from a broken heart after his father hits him with an orange because he left his room. Lovely story isn’t it? No it is horrible, I literally cried after having to read it. But to the point, after I read this story I could not get it out of my head. So during the summer I had the urge to draw something in response to this story. I later painted it with watercolors, in my painting it a woman not a man, she turns into a butterfly not a beetle, and is viewed as beautiful not ugly.

I guess you can say this is a way of me dealing with this story by changing it.  For some reason i can nor routa it.....sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment